Sunday, April 18, 2010

My "before" Projects

Here are a few things that I um...."found"....well actually I "took" them....out of the trash. Oh my kids get so embarassed when they find out I "dumpster dive". I got these a few months ago and just haven't done much with them. The mirrored shelf unit I am painting white. If you look back at my very first post I have a pic of one similar to this that I saw at a poshy shop while in NY visiting my daughter. I am sure theirs cost more than mine! The large brass and glass hanging fixture is going to get an overhaul. The glass is an awful shade of green! I think I might remove it and put some pretty gathered fabric in its place and paint it white as well. The petite brass chandelier will get a coat of glossy paint...I just haven't decided on a color yet. I am going to put moss and ivy in the wire basket...maybe hang it on my back door! Stay tuned for the "after" pics!

4 comments:

  1. Please forgive me....I am so new to this that I goofed when I downloaded the picture...so it cut off some of the post on the side. You didn't miss much...I was just explained that I "found" these things in the ....um...trash. Hopefully I will figure out what I did wrong with the text. Thanks for you understanding.
    oxoxo
    Sandee

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids used to also be "mortified" that I would take things I found lying along a road or sticking out of a garbage can, but NOW they JOIN me in all the fun!! There is nothing better than finding something really great for FREE, taking it home and giving it new life. Besides, we're keeping it out of the landfill! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made quite a haul. I can't wait to see the after pics.

    Blessings,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Girl!
    I can't WAIT to see the "after" photos...
    I know right now that I'm going to be GREEN with envy!
    :)
    I surely hope you are having a wonderful week my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete