Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chilly but Fruitful Weekend

The weather has been really yucky here in the midwest....cold, rainy, windy! What happened to spring???? Well, I decided it was a great weekend to hit a few of my favorite jaunts. So, I headed out to the "Ann Arbor Antique Festival" in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It is about an hour and a half from me so it always feels like an adventure. They have several shows a year and this was the first one of the season. I felt so sorry for the dealers that had outdoor booths....besides the frigid weather...the wind was blowing things all around. I ended up going inside to get warm but I have to say that my best finds were from the outside dealers. My camera needs battteries so I'll post the pics later.

The most fun, however was a place I had heard about but never visited....."Treasure Mart" also in Ann Arbor. Well let me just say that it really IS a treasure mart! It is a consignment store and packed with so much it is almost overwhelming! Not so overwhleming....I picked up a few things there too!

That was Saturday....

On Sunday, I made my usual trek to the "Royal Oak Flea Market" in.... you guessed it Royal Oak, Michigan. It is only 30 min from me and I try to go there every Sunday as they often have great deals. Some of my favorite vendors know me (I have been going there for over 15 years!) and are gracious enough to let me take something home and try it. Like any flea market it is "hit or miss".....I don't usually "miss"...I usually find something that screams "Take Me Home!!!" haha

So my living room is full. My daughter says I am a "hoarder" I prefer to think of myself as a "collector". We don't have a basement so while I unpack, clean, and price things...they sort of pile up in the living room until I can take them to my antique booth....Or....keep them for myself! hehe. I hope your weekend was fun, productive, relaxing, whatever you wanted it to be!

Have A Wonderful Week.
Sandee

No comments:

Post a Comment