Friday, April 16, 2010

Living "Green".

Is there anything more "green" than buying vintage and antique things that have lasted for generations???? I love the things that have been loved tothe point of wear. It is what makes them so beautiful. I rarely buy "new"....especially when there is so much out there to covet that has a history. I hope to share with you some great things that I have found new uses for and fun ways to redesign them. I also will introduce you to some amazing women that I have met who do just that. I will showcase one of their shops weekly with pictures of their shops and locations if you are in the area. They are totally worth it! Look Monday for the "Woman of the Week" showcase. In the meantime.....have a wonderful weekend. I am headed to the Ann Arbor Antique Festival in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Can't wait to share my goodies with you!
xoxoxo
Sandee

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Belle. Jodie has a knack for helping people make the best of themselves. Have a very pleasant weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she sure does! I have followed her blog for a while and she really is inspiring! I have so much to learn to get this thing going but she makes it sound so worth it! Thanks for your kind words Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sandee! Good ideas, girl. I'm looking forward to seeing what you teach us. :) I also have a passion for the things that link us to history.

    Like that magic that comes when you pick up a pair of old shoes in an antique store and can just feel they have a story to tell.

    BTW... I just learned something new from your blog. I can reply to a comment on the same page. But do you know if the person get's your reply or would they only see it if they came back to look?

    Your classmate,
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheri....good question, I'm not sure....I guess we have to ask Jodie! hehe

    ReplyDelete