Sunday, September 20, 2009

This is a really cute shelf unit from Brocade Home. The store is located in SoHo in NYC and has a lot of really cute things. But then I got to thinking that it would be easy to get the look. I found a nice vintage wall shelf unit that has a similar frameat the Royal Oak Flea Market this morning that is from the 40's, I think (I will post a pic as soon as I get it out of my car). By painting it with a high gloss white paint.....it will have the same look....AND I only paid $7 for it! Add $4 for the paint....well you get the idea.

4 comments:

  1. PLEASE POST AGAIN SOON; I LIKE THE IDEA OF WHERE YOU'RE GOING WITH YOUR BLOG!~ LOVE THE CONCEPT AND THE NAME!..,

    IT CAN BE DISCOURAGING PERHAPS , WHEN YOU FIRST BEGIN BLOGGING, WONDERING IF ANYBODIES OUT THERE READING YOUR BLOG.., BUT IT WILL COME!..,I'LL PUT ALINK ON ONE OF MY SIX BLOGS; ALSO, I'LL COME BACK SOON TO SEE WHAT YOU'RE UP TO..,

    FEEL WELCOME TO COME BY AND SEE MY BLOGS ALSO IF YOU'D LIKE!.,

    CHEERS AND BLESSINGS FROM SILKEN PURSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. **JUST A FOOTNOTE TO MY EARLIER MESSAGE; YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO JOIN US TOMORROW FOR MY, THE PLUMED PEN'S BLOG PARTY; FOR, "TUESDAY TEA FOR TWO".., SIMPLY POST A PHOTO ON YOUR BLOG, OF ANYTHING "TEA" RELATED; FOR INSTANCE A TEA CUP OR TEAPOT OF YOURS, BESIDE ONE OF YOUR ANTIQUES OR RE-FINISHING PROJECTS.., I WILL THEN POST A "PARTICIPANTS LINKS LIST" IN THE TUESDAY BLOG PARTY POSTING; THIS WILL REDIRECT ATTENTION TO YOU AS WELL; AND IT'S FUN TO MEET OTHERS ALSO!..,

    CHEERS; HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US!~ SILKEN PURSE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you post a picture soon! Can't wait to see what you do with the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Your support and kind words just made my day. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete